Recreation is an integral part of the total ministry of the church. It must always be seen in its relationship to Jesus Christ and His church. The distinction of spiritual growth in church recreation sets it apart from secular recreation. Many of the recreation programs are coordinated with the existing organizations of the church.
The Recreation Ministry is a laboratory for living and developing Christian character. The recreation program is geared to train our members in the proper use of leisure time in a hospitable world.
Christ wants us to live the “abundant life”. He wants us to enjoy life, but to also beware of worldly sins. This is all the more reason for our church to provide leisure time activities and minister to many people who are searching for something to do.
1. to provide evangelistic opportunities
2. to strengthen family life
3. to provide a choice of leisure time activities as opposed to the questionable ones offered in secular society
4. to strengthen educational organizations
5. to strengthen physical and mental health
6. to teach satisfying skills
7. to provide activities which allow lifetime participation
The Family Life Center
The Family Life Center (FLC) provides activities for every member of your family to connect with our church family in a healthy and fun environment. Our goal is to provide every child and adult an opportunity to play their favorite sport(s) while stressing teamwork, skill building, and sportsmanship above competition. The Family Life Center features a wide range of amenities and activities:
Full size basketball court
Air hockey table
TV and Playstations
Annual Family Banquet
Men’s Basketball League
Co-Ed Softball League
Bible Study Class and Fellowship
Fishing and Hunting Activities